<$BlogRSDURL$>
The Inner Eye
Sunday, February 15, 2004
 
Project: Terrasi

This is a big one.. no, a huge one. This is like, Life's Work material. The plan is to create an entire world, kind of like what J.R.R. Tolkien created with Middle Earth, or like the fantasy galaxy in George Lucas' Star Wars. What makes this interesting is how different it is from anything else: I don't believe in borrowing material from other people for an original creation. My fictional world is neither Fantasy nor Sci-Fi... instead, it reflects elements of both genres to form a completely unique atmosphere with a contemporary perspective.

Of course, without a brilliant story, Middle Earth would be nothing more than a big place Tolkien had in his head; it wouldn't mean much to anyone else. Lucas' fictional galaxy would be similarly of little interest to anyone today if it hadn't been the setting of an epic adventure. By the same token, my Creation is founded on a truly epic plot.

I'll get into it more at a later time, I'm sure. It's one of my favorite projects. For now I'll leave you wondering. But for reference sake, you should know that this fictional world of mine does have a name. I call it TERRASI.


Powered by Blogger