<$BlogRSDURL$>
The Inner Eye
Sunday, February 15, 2004
 
Project: iCMS

In my last post I mentioned that I'm planning to do some work on the main page. It actually goes quite a bit deeper. I want to use the same PHP backend to organize every directory on the site. It will also allow me to easily add and edit new files. Another cool feature I intend to implement is that each directory can have articles and other resources associated with it that are stored in the database instead of in files. Trust me, it'll be pretty cool. :)

It'll probably be worth some money, too, if I ever get it done. There really isn't a good, powerful but simple Content Management System out there for beginners. I hope to change that. I started working on an official, advanced version of this system with the guys who made YaBB SE and Simple Machines Forum, but that didn't really pan out. It may come back at some point after the final public release of SMF, but we'll see.

In the meantime, I'll just do what I can, when I can, on my own index page.
Comments: Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger